Sunday, September 30, 2012

Countdown to Yoga School ~ Days 15 & 14

It was a great weekend. So good that I didn't get to write until now.  I wrote about Day 16 from the road with Burnt Sugar, which was amazing! We played in Philly on Friday night, but I did my due diligence and went to class on Saturday morning.  No too early, but morning nonetheless.

The strange thing about Saturday (Day 15) was that I got up and was ready to go to class in plenty of time, but for some reason I was still late.  Well the reason is that I always forget how janky the trains are on the weekend. I hate getting to class late, but it happens. Luckily Saturday's class was an hour and a half.  Most of the classes at Area are an hour and ten minutes.

Saturday's class was a Basics class and Angela was teaching.   She took her time in class and allowed me to really think about the postures a little more. I'm really into foundation work right now and I've  really been thinking about and working on my chaturanga. I think I might have been doing it a bit wrong for a while because when I try to do it correctly I can really feel my shoulder and not in the best way.  I'm not beating myself up, but it is something to focus on going forward. I know I need to strengthen my left shoulder.  I know it's not 100%, but I will get there or do the best I can trying.  All in all it was a great class. I'm glad I made it even thought I was a little tardy to the party.

Today (Day 14), I did as I will be doing at Kripalu, which is take the day off.  I will only have 4 Sunday's off the whole time I'm there. I didn't just laze about today though. Once a month I volunteer at a alternative healing center for women with breast cancer or survivors called You Can Thrive!  It's an amazing place and I get to do Reiki on the women who come and help them in their healing process. These women are so inspirational.  I feel blessed to be a part of that healers community.

Besides that my day was pretty regular. Cleaned house a bit, biked to see my cousin for a while, came home, made dinner and then had rehearsal for my shows this week.  It was a great day.

I received a few donations over the weekend and I am so thankful. We are almost there folks!  Just about $300 to go to make tuition! It's really amazing how generous everyone has been. I am so humbled and thankful.  There is still time to donate so please help out in any way you can. Either by donating or spreading the word.  Thank you so much!

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment