Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Countdown to Yoga School ~ Day 18

Hey Everyone,

It was another great day of yoga. I know that might sound like an ultra-hippie statement, but it really was good. At first I could tell I was a little grumpy because the teachers voice was getting on my nerves. LOL!  You know how some yoga instructors sound like they smoked a joint right before they came to class? Their speaking voice is so relaxed that you might think, "Are they really that cool?"  Well I felt that at first, but then as I went on I could feel the cobwebs clearing. Today's class was Slow Flow and I have to say that I really like that kind of class. You hold the poses longer and you can really work with the breath.  Also doing a Slow Flow or Basics class gives you an opportunity to really examine your poses.

I know you might wonder why I would take a Basics class after all these years, but it's just like anything else.  Sometimes you have to go back to the basics to get your foundation. Although my practice is intermediateI still have a long way to go. I guess that's why it's called a practice and not a perfect.

In class today and yesterday there was a lot of focus on breathing into our back and today the teacher also talked about breathing into our hands and feet.  I really like the feeling of breathing into certain parts of out body that we don't think about having air.  It's a really amazing feeling to move the breath around the whole body.

I'm feeling good! Sometimes I still feel that grandma shoulder, but I'm going to breath some life into her too.  :-)

Day 3 down, 17 to go.
Thank you for your continued support. $580 to go and the tuition is paid in full!

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment