Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Countdown to Yoga School ~ Day 19

Hey Everyone!

Day 2 of my lead up to yoga school and I'm starting to remember why it is important to practice every day if you can.  It's the breath. Even though I have been doing yoga for so many years, sometimes I just forget that it's all about the breath in a big way.

Today I had class again with Keri and I forgot one thing that she focused on yesterday and that was the breath. Filling your whole "cylinder" as she would say, with air. She's talking about the whole torso from the belly to the chest. She also talked about lengthening as you breath out.  Now I know this, I really do know this, but today it just felt like something new.

So today in class I really focused on my breath and it just reminded me of how much I don't breath.  Of course we have to breath in order to stay alive, but ofter our breath is shallow or we just take it for granted. We forget or don't even know, that conscious breathing can help release toxins from our body as well as relaxing the mind and body.

I'm so thankful for this practice.  Rock On!


No comments:

Post a Comment